CoreERP, eMEDICS.org’s software solution has been successfully adapted to the Swiss Home Care system.
For more than a year now, eMEDICS.org, specialist in mobile and web health applications, has provided added value software to its clients. By joining forces, our ambition is to provide quality products and meet Swiss health sector demands both in terms of business specifications and technological realization.
After receiving numerous recommendations from GE / VD physicians, as well as several Swiss organizations such as SwissAgisan and MyPrivateCare, we have incorporated several improvements to CoreERP, in order to offer a more complete and turnkey solution to all Swiss Home Care organizations.
Medical forms managed by these associations such as the patient records, medical RAI and household assessments, the exit form are already supported by CoreERP but we went further…
A) What’s new?
A.1. Diversified Cloud Solutions
We tested our CoreERP solution on several infrastructures including DigitalOcean, AWS, Azure, InfoManiak and Exoscale. Deployment remains generic and simple. We are currently discussing a possible offer of CoreERP with Swisscom, as part of their SaaS (Solution As A Service) portfolio. There are also several possible synergies between Evita, the SwissCom solution for medical organizations and CoreERP with the upcoming launch of a Health Care Network (data sharing between patients and doctors).
A.2. More advanced process automation
Business processes in the health field are complex. Automation is key for time saving and cost reduction. CoreERP offers a unique automated solution. Here are some of the improvements:
A.2.1. Implementation of a summary table
A summary table of patient records is now available for the web and mobile version. It does contain the most important fields such as vital parameters (weight, respiratory rate, body temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, etc.), RAI alarms, performance scales, observations and / or tasks related to this patient. This table is very useful for health field workers who need quick access to important data.
A.2.2. Form Automation
◦ When a medical claim is completed, RAI and household assessments are now automatically generated. They’re no longer created manually
◦ For RAI evaluations, the active instance is synchronized automatically between the mobile app and the back-end. When the field worker completes the evaluation, CoreERP then generates the “action plan”, the RAI alarms and the performance scales (AVQ, IAVQ, CPS et DRS).
◦ The renewal of RAI assessments and the OPAS management are also automated.
◦ When the medical claim is created, the associated exit form is also created in order to handle end-to-end tracability.
◦ When the exit form is completed, all associated forms (medical claims, patient forms, evaluations…) are automatically archived. If a conflict occurs, CoreERP identifies the issues and raise corrective actions to the administrator. The DMST (canton de VD) is also generated automatically.
A.3. Automatic Document Generation and EDM (Electronic Document Management)
◦ Working documents can be generated automatically saving valuable time to administrators and avoiding data entry mistakes. For example, the DMST V2.1 (Medico-social transmission document) which is a standardized document used in the canton de VD when transferring a patient from one healthcare provider to another, contains useful information to ensure continuity in patient care. These include administrative information, a contact list (Caregivers, family and relatives), health checks and data transfer. The DMST was developed within the framework of the cantonal programs in order to improve patient quality follow-up among partners (eHealth). CoreERP generates this document and track its status for a better follow-up during the transfers.
◦ CoreERP has an incorporated EDM system that could easily integrate with existing systems such as SAP, Documentum and SharePoint (Office365).
A.4. Improved ergonomy and analysis tools
◦ The Offline solution has been improved. The field collaborator no longer needs to intervene for data synchronization between field workers and the admin center. Note that if the internet connection is available, the collaborator has the possibility to initiate a synchronization by hand, in order to refresh the data in real time. But this is an optional operation and is not mandatory.
◦ Color code: For RAI evaluation, for example, a color code has been added to identify the progress of each section. This is very useful if the evaluation is performed during multiple visits. By knowing the status of the section, productivity is greatly improved. The color codes are as follow:
▪ Red to indicate that the section was not started.
▪ Blue to indicate that the section has been started.
▪ Green to indicate that the section has been completed.
◦ Several KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are now available in the turnkey solution such as patient evolution history, statistics related to the number of RAI assessments to be processed, the number of billing mandates to be processed, various indicators such as LAMAL / NON-LAMAL acts…
B. Additional functionalities will be available by Q2 2018:
◦ The multilingual module will be available in French, Italian, German and English.
B.2. Automated action plan
◦ Although there are no QSYS and InterRAI specifications regarding action plan automation, we should be able to push the automation to a higher level. Our algorithm will link generated RAI alarms to OPAS and RAI HC, ASSASD acts. An action plan will then be generated proposing recommended acts and frequencies. The staff will then evaluate the plan and make any correction to it. Based on staff’s changes, the algorithm will adapt and propose new action plan for similar patients. The machine will never replace human and medical expertise but our solution will help improve analysis and validate action plans faster.
B.3. OPAS approval process
◦ The OPAL follow-up and renewal process already exist. CoreERP goes further… The approval OPAS process will be fully automated by the use of workflows and electronic certified signatures of the attending physician, the insurance and the home care organization. That would simplify the OPAS traceability and improve productivity for all parties.
B.4. Implementation of automated activity reports and time sheets
◦ CoreERP now manages a manual activity report for employees. In the near future, CoreERP will be able to generate automated ones based on the action plan acts and next, the billing statements.
B.5. Software enhancements
◦ CoreERP is using the most advanced open source technologies such as NodeJS, Bootstrap, Angular2, IONIC1 and CouchDB. The ultra-fast Google V8 engine allows to decouple application requests and offline synchronization, thus eliminating any latency and improving the user experience. Field staff can focus on their business activities and not worry about the mobile interface. We plan migrate the CoreERP mobile application to IONIC2 in the coming months to further improve this user experience.
B.6. Automated planning
◦ With the advanced Geo-localization tools, we will be able to create visits and optimize field staff journeys (and thus reduce the cost and duration of field staff journeys).
B.7. eMEDICS.org Health Care Network (EHC Network)
◦ CoreERP is a platform that will be opened to all physicians, clinics, pharmacies, Home care organizations, hospitals, insurance companies (with the preservation of medical data of patients), and patients themselves, facilitating the exchange of medical information. A catalog of forms will be available to medical organizations, which will allow them to set better diagnosis and share data with the patients (patients could also provide health measurements over time).
Si vous désirez plus d’information, vous pouvez nous contacter à l’adresse mail email@example.com ou nous appeler au +41 75 416 4140.